Our team of motivated structural and bridge engineers have a vast experience and talent to bring the visions of the owner, the architect, and the builder to life.
With projects in Canada, UK and New Zealand, our Bridge and Structures team has acquired considerable international experience working on a wide range of structures and adopting design codes from other countries.
We pride ourselves on having a team which can provide aesthetic, economic and innovative design solutions tailored to not only meet the above expectations but also the specific needs and budgets of our clients. We can offer services encompassing the full spectrum of the project life cycle: feasibility, solution, concept development, detailed design and construction support.
New Bridge Design
Our experts in bridge engineering can provide services related to new bridge designs - tendering services, conceptual to detail designs including construction engineering services for small, medium to long span bridges. Our team is involved in detail designs of a few bridges: Western Belfast Bypass in Christchurch, New Zealand, and Papakura Stream On-Ramp Bridge for Southern Corridor Improvement Project in New Zealand.
Bridge Inspection, Assessment & Load Rating
Bridge-condition assessment and subsequent load ratings are used to evaluate bridge safety and to protect the traveling public. They are also used to prioritize maintenance needs. As the weight and volume of vehicles on the highways continue to increase, and as bridge conditions continue to deteriorate, the importance of being able to reliably assess the condition of a bridge, and to accurately estimate its load-carrying capacity, has become paramount. Our team is already involved in a couple of assessments and load rating projects which include bridges for Network Rail - UK, some local resource bridges in BC, and bridges in Fiji.
Bridge Rehabilitation, Replacement & Retrofit services
Over the service life of a bridge, its constituent materials are continually subjected to fatigue and wear-tear due to dynamic vehicular loads. Overloading due to increases in wheel loads and regular exposure to aggressive external environments may aggravate the situation further. Our engineers have experience in bridge rehabilitation, restoration and retrofit procedures. Based on the scope of the project we can provide the following services:
- Modification of existing structure to accommodate widening of roadways and sidewalks;
- Replacement of railings and sidewalk with new railings, wider multi-use sidewalks for use by pedestrians and cyclists, and roadway lighting;
- New traffic barriers/medians;
- Seismic retrofit of the bridge to meet current standards;
- Repair to piers/abutments/substructure;
- Replacement of concrete decks;
- Replacement procedures for bearings and expansion joints; and
- Strengthening of existing structures through use of external post-tensioning, Fibre Reinforced Plastics (FRP), concrete jacketing etc.
The forms evolved by structural designers reflect economy, efficiency and a technological elegance. They exude a sense of safety and create an aura of well-being.
Our structural engineers are involved at every stage of a structure’s realization and they play a key part in design and construction teams. Working with architects, and alongside other professions, our team of structural engineers create conceptual designs and ensure that structures can be built and are stable and durable. Our team can provide services in:
- Structural design for oil & gas, heavy industry, and infrastructure; and
- Structural design of retaining walls and foundations for all kinds of civil engineering structures.